The Ngalaya First Nations Law Scholarship was established by Ngalaya Indigenous Corporation, the peak body for First Nations lawyers and law students in NSW/ACT to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students pursuing a law degree in NSW and the ACT.
Applicants for the Ngalaya First Nations Law Scholarship must be:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of Laws, Diploma of Law, Juris Doctor, or Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice at a tertiary institution in NSW or the ACT
Applicants will be assessed based on their:
- Demonstrated commitment to First Nations justice.
- Demonstrated involvement in community-focused work.
- Potential to advance First Nations’ interests throughout their legal career.
- Financial need.
To apply, send an application, including:
- Current academic transcript or other proof of enrolment,
- Curriculum vitae/resume,
- Cover letter (3 page maximum) addressing the selection criteria, and
- Any other supporting evidence
To the Ngalaya Board at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 11:59pm on September 26 2021.
Colin Biggers & Paisley
Australian Department of Health