Macquarie University Law School
Macquarie University Law School
Macquarie Law School entry requirements
If you’re a high school leaver or haven’t been to university before, an undergraduate Bachelor of Laws is for you. University graduates can study a postgraduate Juris Doctor degree. To learn more about the different types of law degrees, see our Law Degrees Explained page.
High school leavers can apply through UAC to study either a 4-year Bachelor of Laws or a 5-year Combined Bachelor of Laws with majors from Arts, Business, Administration, Commerce, Cyber Security, International Studies, Psychology (Honours), Media and Communication, Science, Security Studies and Social Science at Macquarie.
High school leavers are assessed based on their ATAR. The 2020 ATAR cut off was 96.
Applicants with higher degrees are assessed based on their prior academic performance and/or work experience.
Mature age students can apply to study a Bachelor of Laws by applying to UAC or by applying through the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Entry Pathway.
Macquarie offers an alternative entry pathway for First Nations students. The Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Entry Pathway involves a two-stage application process: a written application and a face-to-face interview.
First Nations students that would like to apply for an early offer to Macquarie, they can apply for the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Entry Pathway.
Macquarie operates on a two-session calendar. A full-time study load is 6-8 subjects per year. A part-time study load is 4 subjects per year.
For information about the Bachelor of Laws course information and typical study pattern, click here.
For information about the Combined Bachelor of Law course information and typical study patterns, visit the Macquarie website and explore the various combined law courses available.
For information about the required subjects and course information in a Juris Doctor, click here.
Indigenous Support Centre
Walanga Muru is the Indigenous Support Centre at Macquarie.
Law school contacts
Walanga Muru Admin
+61 (2) 9850 4209
Indigenous tutoring program
Macquarie operates the Walanga Maru Tutoring Program for all First Nations students.
Macquarie law school also operates the Walanga Maru Indigenous Connected Curriculum. This involves one-on-one mentoring for First Nations students and aims to develop Indigenous content across the curriculum.
You can find and filter all the scholarships offered at Macquarie by visiting the scholarships page here.
Below is a list of some of the scholarships available to First Nations students:
ISSP Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship
- Awarded to First Nations students who can provide evidence of financial hardship.
- Value is $2,804 per year.
ISSP Commonwealth Assistance Scholarship
- Awarded to First Nations students in financial need who have relocated from regional or rural areas to study any undergraduate or postgraduate course at Macquarie. ● Value is $5,610 per year.
The Macquarie University Dunmore Lang College (DLC)
- Awarded to students from regional and remote Australia and/or who can demonstrate financial hardship.
- Value is the full cost of a standard room at DLC for up to 4 years.
The Macquarie Regional and Rural Scholarship
- Awarded to eligible students who have relocated from rural or remote areas to study at Macquarie.
- Value is $8,000 per year.
Macquarie University Robert Menzies College (RMC) Accommodation Costs Scholarship
- Awarded to students who can demonstrate financial need.
- Value is $3,000 reduction of accommodation fees for 3 years.
Macquarie University Campus Accommodation Scholarship
- Awarded to undergraduate students in financial need who have relocated from regional or rural areas to study at Macquarie.
- Value is the full costs of a university managed accommodation in the Macquarie University campus.
Alumni Garrawi Indigenous Scholarship
- Awarded to postgraduate First Nations students. ● Value is $2,500 for one year.
Macquarie does not offer a PLT program.
We are here to help. Get in touch and we’ll do our best to respond soon.